World Corona Tracker
World Corona Tracker (Personal Project)
- Technologies : Back End(Nodejs), Front End (AngularJs)
- My Role : Fullstack Development
- Links : View Demo
- Hosting Platform : Firebase
- Reason for project : For funn!
- My Personal Experience : As corona was in trending topic in 2020, and there were many open source API’s available in the internet so i decided to do so. As it was completely based on the research and development, so this project was one of the way through i learn a lot.
The name “coronavirus” is derived from Latin corona, meaning “crown” or “wreath”, itself a borrowing from Greek κορώνη korṓnē, “garland, wreath”. The name was coined by June Almeida and David Tyrrell who first observed and studied human coronaviruses. The word was first used in print in 1968 by an informal group of virologists in the journal Nature to designate the new family of viruses. The name refers to the characteristic appearance of virions (the infective form of the virus) by electron microscopy, which have a fringe of large, bulbous surface projections creating an image reminiscent of the solar corona or halo. This morphology is created by the viral spike peplomers, which are proteins on the surface of the virus.